Sunday, July 6, 2008

Qwerty phone vs. Touch phone

Just would like to have a simple comparision between the Qwerty phone and the Touch phone.
I had used a Nokia E61 (Qwerty) phone for a long time and have used a HTC Touch Enhanced for about 3 months.
As of now, I miss the Nokia E61 a lot for some reasons below:
  1. I usually take note, so no real keyboard doesn't fit to me (the HTC Touch just has a virtual keyboard), especially when I need to write fast.
  2. Personally, I see that Symbians OS is faster than Windows Mobile, especially when synchronizing with laptop / computer. I really don't know why Windows Mobile is slower than Symbians in synchronizing (Windows Mobile - Windows), but that's the fact I have experienced.
  3. Voip is supported with the E61. This function works really well and I love it.
  4. Windows Mobile usually hangs (about twice / week), despite I don't install too much applications on the Touch.
  5. Bluetooth on the E61 works obviously better than on the Touch. This is another strange point. I usually think Windows and Windows Mobile supports Bluetooth better than the Symbians does.
Of course there're some advantages of HTC Touch that I can never refuse:
  1. Playing games on Touch devices is fantastic.
  2. Surfing Internet and Wifi on Touch devices is fantastic too.
  3. Touch functionality makes me feel really comfortable when searching information and makes me feel professional. :-)
But after all, the most important functions that I really want to have as of now, and maybe in the future are:
  1. Call - sms
  2. Taking notes - writing emails
  3. Surfing Internet
  4. Synchronizing data with laptop
  5. Playing games
So, based on the functions I want, the Nokia E series (61 or 71 later) are my better options versus the Touch devices (or Windows Mobiles / Mac without keypad) (Result: 3 vs. 2)
That's the reason why I'm waiting for the new Nokia E71 and will try to trade my HTC Touch Enhanced with E71 then. :-)

No comments: